To lead the development of a structured methodology and approach for new versions of the Funda Wande course in other African languages. Establish and manage key government, funder and stakeholder relationships.
- Home language materials development.
- Education institution in-service teacher training & development.
- Early grade reading partnerships and collaborations.
- Major stakeholders relationships.
- Plan and organise all elements of the versioning process and platform.
- Conduct needs analysis for improvements and new initiatives.
- Plan stakeholder engagements.
- Lead training and development initiatives.
- Oversight of the full versioning process across all official languages.
- Manage the quality assurance process of the materials.
- Oversight of external services providers e.g. translation, content writers, collaborators involved in the versioning process.
Relationships & Communication
- Initiate and nurture relationships with key stakeholders at the the DBE and provincial DOE (eg, ECDOE Curriculum Director).
- Represent Funda Wande at international and local conferences and the wider literacy community
- Presentations to government and funders.
- Monthly project reports to Content and Training Director.
- Budget management.
- Recruitment and management of literacy team.
- As a member of the MANCO, contribute to the Funda Wande’s organisational strategy.
Knowledge and Experience
- A high level of understanding of early grade literacy in the South African context.
- Considerable experience in budgeting, budget management and procedures.
- Experience in Foundation Phase literacy materials development and training.
- Involvement in materials development for an intervention.
- A track record of active participation in broader early grade reading sector i.e research, associations.
- Have a sound knowledge of preservice and in-service training for teachers.
- Have a good understanding of how the DBE works, its directorates and role-players, and how it interfaces
with provincial departments of education.
- Management of internal team and external service providers i.e translation, content writers, collaborators.
- Relevant degree in Foundation Phase Education or Literacy/Language Education.
- African home language (Preferable).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a similar level.
- An interest in and alignment to Funda Wande’s vision and values.
- Be extremely organised.
- Committed to improving processes and systems.
- Work well under pressure and with changing deliverables.
- Tolerate ambiguity and change in a rapidly growing organization.
- Confident, proactive, self-reliant and performance -orientated.
- Team Player.
- High degree of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
Two years with the possibility of renewal.
Deadline for applications
8th August 2021
Please note: If you are shortlisted for the position we will be in communication with you by the 30 August 2021.
If you do not hear from us by then, please note that your application has been unsuccessful for this position.